Please follow the link below to apply. Applications, including supplementals, are due by April 19 at 3:00 pm.
NHS Faculty Board
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Clean academic record with no instances of academic dishonesty
- High School students in grades 9th - 11th at CDM HS
- You may not be a member of one of the other designated primary leadership groups on campus (ASB, HRC, PAL, AYS)
- Students in grades 9th - 11th who meet minimum eligibility (as specified in the requirements above) can submit and interest form for consideration in the Spring.
- Not all eligible members will be selected. The organization is keep relatively small.
- After submitting an interest form: applicants will be interviewed by senior NHS members and the NHS board, the NHS advisor will solicit commentary from CDM faculty and staff, and the NHS Faculty Board will make a verdict.
- Selection by the NHS Faculty Board will be based on the quality and content of the interest form, interview performance, and the input gained from the CDM faculty and staff. If the applicant is a previous CDM NHS member, their prior contributions, participation, attitude and past history will be considered as well. The NHS advisor sets the cap on number of students for each NHS year.
- All members of NHS must re-apply each year.
- Please see "New Members" for an overview of the process
- NHS members are expected to maintain the high standards of the organization, attend NHS meetings and activities, and to meet/exceed the minimum community service hours per quarter. Failure to do so will impact your status and selection in subsequent years.
NHS Faculty Board
- The NHS Faculty Board is a collection of teachers tasked with all final decisions on NHS membership and applications. We are required to have this board as per the NHS bylaws. Their verdict is final and will be carried out by the NHS Board. The individuals on the NHS Faculty Board is undisclosed and NHS members are not aware of who is on the NHS Faculty Board. NHS bylaws do not require the Faculty Board membership to be public.